Hitachi rear projection TV 50DX01B convergence - green off

I have a Hitachi rear projection TV model 50DX01BA or 50DX01B that is approaching 7 years old. The green on it is off about 3/4 of an inch high on the top right and 3/4 of an inch low on the bottom left. As a result I am unable to adjust the convergence using the standard remote setting. I have put up with it for quite some time. Does anyone have a service manual to this or a similar chassis or have any tips on how to access the service mode and/or adjust the green back to being level? Or can anyone point me in the right direction if they think that this is something defective and not an adjustment? I cannot access hitachiserviceusa.com as I do not have a repair shop. I did go to school for electronics once upon a time, so hopefully I am not too much of an idiot.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Ike

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
ike

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:49:18 -0600, ike Has Frothed:

Can't help, just thought I'd reply to wrap your text so others could read it.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

approaching 7 years old. The green on it is off about 3/4 of an inch high on the top right and 3/4 of an inch low on the bottom left. As a result I am unable to adjust the convergence using the standard remote setting. I have put up with it for quite some time. Does anyone have a service manual to this or a similar chassis or have any tips on how to access the service mode and/or adjust the green back to being level? Or can anyone point me in the right direction if they think that this is something defective and not an adjustment? I cannot access hitachiserviceusa.com as I do not have a repair shop. I did go to school for electronics once upon a time, so hopefully I am not too much of an idiot.

ya pull off the front panel spekr level and take of the carboard cover, look inside youe will find a small push button with the set on push it and it will go into the convergance mode follow the screen directions and try to set it up . if you can't then replace the 2 stk converance amps and try again

Reply to
David Naylor

Go to the forum at

and read the FAQ on convergence problems and Hitachi sets. You will find much useful info there, and lots of DIYers that have fixed these problems themselves.

Le>> I have a Hitachi rear projection TV model 50DX01BA or 50DX01B that is

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 17811 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet