Sharp TV Repair: Grey Screen with White Horizontal lines

Sharp 25j-s100 and the other day when we turned it on is had a grey screen with thin white horizontal lines on all inputs. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Bob

Several different circuit areas could cause the symptom you described. Provide a little more troubleshooting information for a more specific suggestion.

Could be a problem in the G1 or G2 voltage to the crt, loss of the video output main b+, a short in the crt, a problem in the video output stage, corrupted eeprom data for the crt alignments, and possibly a few other more remote areas.

The only way to know exactly what it needs to be repaired is to have the tv properly diagnosed by a qualified technician.

Reply to
dkuhajda

The most common cause of this problem is an open resistor. Could also be a bad FBT, CRT, or a few dozen other things. Start by looking at the bias on the CRT and the G2 voltage.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Thanks for the info.

One thing I meant to add is the OSD works fine. Does this help narrow it down? Also, does anyone know where to get schematics for this TV?

Reply to
bob_seidel

hi am having similar problem with my AWA model w571 tv only I get a blue screen with the white lines. it's been looked at twice in the last week and still problem persists. I've tried reading the repair warranty and there are references to

1 - trace features to picture tube and tube socket 2 - dislodging foreign material 3- heaters to cathode short circuit on blue gun 4 repair tube socket on **** circuit board 5 - replace heater dropping resistor & check of plater (??) circuit.

Anyone have any info on why problem persists? it worked fine both times repairedat the workshop but when returned after 4 days the first time problem returned and within and hour of it being returned the second time.

john

Reply to
john191158