emerson tv/vcr powers down

I have a 1990 Emerson TV/VCR model # 0950, that powers down (turns its self off) when a tape is inserted. The tape must be ejected before you can watch TV. Whats the problem? Can it be repaired? Thanks

gadhml7

--
gadhml7
Reply to

How the f*ck should I know if it can be repaired? Why not take it to a repair shop and ask them, asshole?

BTW: Who the f*ck uses VHS anymore? They have these things called Tivos and DVD's out now, maybe you should check them out.

Reply to
Paul Feaker

There are numerous protection circuits in a vcr, some are mechanical switches and some are optic switches. Any good repair shop (are there any left) should be able to fix it. I would suggest that its most likely a belt or a dirty optic switch...But who knows!!!!!!!!

bob in phx...

Who used to take care of 2500 vcrs once in my career

Reply to
Bob in Phx