Disable AGC on Funai TV/VCR?

Funai F9TRF1 TV/VCR is now TV-only. The VCR died )c:

And as such, any displayed video signal input (DVD, VCR) suffers from the macrovision "copy protection" distortion.

I want to be able to watch videos on this TV without these effects. Is it possible to disable this? (I seem to remember that one can fix the AGC at one level or create a manually-adjustable AGC.)

All on-line instructions seem to describe building a circuit to strip off sync signals and re-generate others for the purpose of allowing duping of videos (not my goal).

Thanks.

--
John English
Reply to

Sure, you could go to manual AGC, and twidle the manual gain control all the time. Why not see if you can bypass the crapped out VCR and eliminate the real problem?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

John E. ha escrito:

it would perhaps be easier to just repair the inbuilt vcr. most likely just needs a belt changing. anyway let us know what the fault is and maybe someone will help.

-b