Earliest example of PbF ?

Previous earliest I've personally come across was a Yamaha RS7000 sequencer, 2001 , too early to mention the likes of RoHS or PbF etc anywhere on that.

This time a Roland DB500 from 1999, the solder joints hazing over if you admix with leaded solder. Or is it some other solder formulation that can give a PbF+SnPb solder sudden-cooling + hazing appearance?

I know it all started coming in , in Japan firstly.Japan passed the Electric Appliance Recycling Law, April 2001. And the soldering on every aspect of Sony's DCR-TRV 30 digital camcorder, released in March 2001, is "99.7% lead-free, including all supplied accessories".

Reply to
N_Cook

Anyone know what the Tick N225 compliance mark means, again on the back of an amp with dodgey solder. Latest component datecode 9940 and a pcb "7 segment" overlay date of 9945

Reply to
N_Cook

I assume the circuit boards were populated+soldered in Japan, although only reference to designed by Roland Corp USA on the rear of the Amp

Reply to
N_Cook

"Nutcase Kook"

** A mark like that is what many items I see have on them. The Tick ( for EM compliance) and a number starting with "N" refers to an importer in Australia, in NSW.

So, in this case "Roland Australia" in Sydney.

See:

Looks like Roland print that number on everything.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison