PbF + gold-plating + tinpest?

Anyone have a test for tinpest?

2 year old Mark Bass mini CMD 121P amp with rustling noise, bad pbf on the guitar input socket. One pin easily pulled out of its eyelet that remained well soldered into the pcb hole. White deposit entirely overlaying the gold-plating of the 1/4 inch socket pcb pin.
Reply to
N_Cook

It was only white on initial extraction, grey now. With Brexit I suppose the UK will not go back to pre-RoHS SnPb. Europe -UK, would still be the largest consumer block globally and manufacturers like the fact purchasers have to replace kit earlier than they used to

Reply to
N_Cook

Boy, would I sure LOVE to see a return to the tried and true PbSn solder, but I think the chances of that are a very long shot.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson