Example of Calculating SAR

You might browse through the FCC OET bulletin 65 available here:

Tom Miller

All I know is that my wifi antenna and my hand causes a halted web page to start springing to life.

I suspect wifi is recieve end intensive, and the return link is always a lower priority. I have seen many times where simply reaching my hand up to an area near the antenna causes a re-train (I suspect) and the feed starts streaming again. I have noted this behavior and it is fact. Even my talet goes nuts when miniclip claims I have a bad connection, but if I drop the tablet down to floor level and back up, it starts working again. I think the entire wifi spec must be poorly biased against the return link.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

some guy at a local university is developing and trying to convince the manufacturers of cell phone to adopt a standardized test of cellphone sensitivity based on a human like hand holding the phone next to a human like head

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It has been my contention fer years that we should all be wearing a transceiver 'belt' where the xcvr and batterie pack and storage are at, and the handheld part has no "near head" transmitter firing off any would- be cell altering frequencies.

I also like the idea of a Dick Tracy styled arm/wrist panel device.

All this will come to pass after I die, of course.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That might actually work, as long as the head and hand are severed with a CEPT approved guillotine. It's kinda a messy test, but the closest to realistic conditions that I could contrive. Using a live human hand and head is unacceptable because live humans tend to fidgit and move around too much for data.

Actually, I think I know where at least the hand part of the test came from. In 2010, Apple release the iPhone 4, with a rather unique antenna structure that was easily detuned when held incorrectly by the user. Apple claimed that this was "normal" and "solved" the problem by recalibrating the signal strength indicator and issuing free rubber bumpers. I was rather irritated by their attitude toward what I considered a serious design problem, so I ran my own test: While other cell phones were susceptible to signal decrease or loss when held in a strangle hold, the iPhone 4 was the worst (and is still the worst today). I assume that some of the standards manufacturing organizations have considered adding hand grip detuning to their testing procedures.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Actually, the observer would want that data too.

So the substitute transducer appliance would want to incorporate some movement events at some point in the data collection sessions. Of course as well as fixed point varying distance values.

I would make a MEMS transducer that allows for observation of magnetic influence of cell nuclei. Implant those under the 'flesh' of the head transducer appliance at varying depths. Sounds like a good use for lab grown human cell tissue. Each MEMS device would be a single use device, and would also allow for microscopic inspection.

Use microwave ovens' industry leakage specs to calibrate the devices to the point where exposure leads to immediate cell nuclei disruption, all the way down to where the cell lives on for a very long period after exposure and several points between.

There... a new invention for you all.

Funny.... Here I am more concerned with tissue damage susceptibilities, and you guys are worried about getting hooked up well.

Both that OJ lawyer and my mom died from brain tumors, and both had those early years, higher powered mind you, cell phones. I am not saying the RF caused their tumors, but they may have exacerbated what would have otherwise remained a "dormant seed".. Cancer growth in elderly is usually quite slow, and I find it odd that no one finds it odd that so many fast growing tumors are showing up in older folks now.

Maybe it was the "LifeSavers". Wouldn't that be a sick joke on us?

So, for that RF consideration, my 20 year old XCVR on a battery belt idea is how it should always have been. Hell, one could even put a magnetic base and cord on it for instant remote high position mounting when needed, and running out of juice on a belt that could easily also have a fully charged backup? Not likely. The belt is a great idea. Just a fabric version of a "fanny pack", but NOT "on your fanny" and 'packed' with better goodies and compartments all around.

More like the "Bat Belt", which is almost certainly where 'the kid' got the idea.

But that wouldn't be fashionable... not enough car accidents involved, like with lipstick or cell phones right in the face, held by one of the two hands you have to control your multi-thousand pound hulk haphazardly down the street with.

I got home safer (for me and everyone else) with God guiding me after falling asleep on the highway. I remember getting on. Then I woke up, just as I was pulling up the ramp to the light at my exit. I looked behind me... nobody... I looked up and said thanks to God once again for saving my life and finished the last mile to home. '63 Nova straight six three on the tree back in like '82. I must have missed several miles of the trip across I-275 West to Mt. Healthy.

I saw a UFO a couple years after that less than a few miles off that same exit the other way (North). I don't talk about that event often... obviously. The person I was with is still alive, and he never mentions it either, though has acknowledged to me that it was not a dream I had and that it did indeed happen. Don't know how much longer we have though.

None of my ideas may ever come to light until after I die. My ancestors were "land speculators". I want to build an ultra-green city, about 200 feet OVER several square miles of Death Valley. UNDER that lattice work is where the water coolers are, and the wind turbines above crank electric and feed the pumps bringing the water tricklers on the coolers their water.

The water? Well... (deep subject) THAT would come from the fact that that valley is 3 miles thick carpet of a very soft (relative to soil or stone) medium. We DRILL, literally, 100 foot diameter tanks down into the medium, a full kilometer down even, and then fill with anti-microbial walled bladders and ultra-pure water from the Earth's polar regions (ONLY). Each tank gets assembled UNDER the city lattice work. The entire city is suspended in that lattice work, under a gleaming white "tarp" ceiling. In that would be the squirrel cage type wind turbines in big round positioners to follow the wind direction, instead of big bladed party spinners on heavy masts. Make the city a college of science and industry, and peace.

An entire array of tanks creates a reserve almost as big as one of the great lakes, and a city on top of it with mag-lev trolleys. The ultra- green terrariums underneath would be fed by ultra-efficient light pipes from the daily sun and more artificially if needed.

Yes... only a drop in the bucket. But there it is. The tanks would work. The city would work. Fuck cash.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I am trying to understand how SAR values are calculated for exposure to ambient radiofrequency.

Can someone please write out an example complete with figures?

For example, starting with a measured field intensity of 10uW/cm2.

What are the nominal conductivity and density figures used for human tissue?

David King

Reply to
dking

Here is a comprehensive list:

I once used this list and FREE femm 4.2 to predict SAR absorption for a medical product, wirelessly powering n implanted device. Got as accurate as Ansoft Maxwell [very expensive] I will send you a copy of the paper I wrote to your listed email address. Please ignore quality of my 'scientific' writing, private names and companies listed, the paper is to inform you of a 'methodology' using femm 4.2 for calculating SAR.

Key item is to be VERY careful ot the default techniques of your SW. For example, PSpice, LTspice, and almost ALL field FEA's use PEAK as the stimulus values, not rms. Can catch you badly causing the power predicted exposure to be half of what is really there.

Reply to
RobertMacy

David, if you provide an email address, I'll send that paper [just got a kick back that the above email address did not exist]

Reply to
RobertMacy

Browse? That is a pretty dense tome.

Here are a few links for others. One is a online calculator.

David King

Reply to
dking

Absurd.

For very good reason.

Reply to
krw

It's considered good form for those making an assertion to provide the references to the available literature, and not make the reader do the work for them.

There are various physiological signs that someone is in a trance. If you know what to look for, it's easy to tell if someone is hypnotized, stoned, drugged, or inebriated. My favorite is watching the eye blink rate, which is a sign of nervous tension.

Yep. It's all a conspiracy.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

It's not the distraction that causes accidents. Cell phones ellicit a mild trance state by affecting the brain. Check the scientific literature.

This effect is exacerbated by the metal shell of the car.

Of course, they would never admit to that.

David King

Reply to
dking

Look at the ape playing with his new toy...just stay out range of his feces flinging.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

snipped immature childish utter stupidity posted by the fool Fred Bloggs.

Retarded Usenet dumbfuck, Fred Bloggs. He enjoys attacking folks in Usenet. What a complete and utter dumbfuck he is. What an immature behavior for an asshole claiming to be a full grown adult.

Fred Bloggs' lack of maturity is what decidedly makes him more like FOOL grown idiot. A self made child.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Typical psychonut regurgitating the summary of his condition by state mental welfare workers...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred