DLP...RCA info needed.

50" RCA DLP..I posted a couple of times, but really need help. Two units, plug in, no blue led indicating "ready to go", press power the two cooling fans start to spin, & stop right away, no lamp start, lamp is fine tested in a working DLP, & +390 volts dc into the ballast. I get 65 volts AC at the lamp... I know there should be high voltage there, but there's not. Then led displays a code of 10, then 1, the other unit diplays 6, then 3. One RCA Tech says the lamps bad, the other says it's the $ 1,800.00 light engine. I really don't know what it is. I haven't been able to really figure out what's going on, & don't want to spend $3,600.00, just on a guess. Can anyone shed some light? E-Mail me, if you can @ skype snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk I can't get newsgroups at work, & I want to try to figure out what's wrong with these two units Saturday. Thanks a lot. Sky.
Reply to
Skype_man

Art

Thanks Art, I can't hear the color wheel run, & have talked to a number of Techs from RCA, but they all give different diagnosis. I got lost in the diagnostic procedures in the service manual I have belonging to a different RCA unit, I'm not sure what's going on. It shuts down, & I don't know what's at fault. Really need help on this one. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man

Have you checked the lamp timer in menu?. If it has exceeded its life u might need to reset lamp timer. Check user manual for details. Jango (P.S. resetting an expired lamp timer without changing the bulb could lead to implosion and/or shorted ballast and ps.

Reply to
jango2