Crackling Satellite Receiver

My General Instrument 2750R Satellite Receiver makes a crackling noise on VC II subscription channels especially when there is a lot of white on the screen.

Are there video output potentiometers in the unit that can be adjusted to overcome this problem, and how do I do that? Or could it be bad filter caps that need to be replaced? And, if so, which filter caps are they?

Thanks.

Stan

Reply to
tyropublishing

If the in the in the clear channels are OK, and it is only the VideoCipher channels that have the problem, it may be the module itself.

Lee Richardson Mech-Tech C-band dealer

Reply to
-Lee Richardson

Yeah. Thanks. I see your point, Lee. It's only the VideoCipher channels. I wish I had another module to test it out.

Reply to
tyropublishing

I am out of them right now or I would send you one to try. If you can't find one anywhere else, there is always e-bay. A bit risky, but they typically go for $40 or so compared to $150 for a rebuilt one with new battery from Motorola.

Lee Richardson Mech-Tech

Reply to
-Lee Richardson