What is a sutable alternative to small signal transistor type A970?

Hi All,

I am currently repairing a powered mixing desk and it uses (on each of its input channels) a pair of A970 transistors for the microphone input preamp stage. A channel has gone down and I've traced the fault to both transistors which have failed. My question is can I replace these with an alternative I have to hand such as a BC550, BC560 or BC108/109? Cant find a data sheet on the A970, but I think it has a beta of at least 400. Any help will be much appreciated!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gruner

The transistor is probably a 2SA970, the prefix is often omitted from the marking on Japanese transistors.

Anyway you can get the datasheet from here, and it shouldn't be too hard to find a suitable replacement.

James Sweet

Try searching for 2SA970, found them at ampslab, there is even a PDF that you can download

TOSHIBA LOW NOISE TRANSISTOR/ SILICON PNP / 120V / 0.1A / 100MHz.

Wes.

Reply to
Wes.

Hi, They are in the Grandata catalogue for £0.25 (+ £1.00 P&P+VAT) Tel 020 8900 2329 or

In message , Dan Gruner writes

--
Neil J. Harris
Reply to