Satellite dish/receiver question

I know I could call up manufacturers or research this on the net, but I know guys here can give me a quick answer....

There are many models of satellite dishes on the market -- Dish network, Direct TV, Wineguard, etc.

There are also many models of Sat receivers...

So, can ANY Sat dish be used with ANY receiver ?

I am aware of the DC that goes down the coax, and that the DC level changes the band and possible polarization.... but I don't know if it is standard for everyone....

Thanks for your input...

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Well, the short answer is "maybe". The deciding factor is not the dish itself but the LNB bolted to the back of it and the receiver. If you have specific models or satellites in mind it may be better to ask over the road on alt.satellite.tv

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor