CIAPEM chip used in Brandt washer

Does anyone have any working knowledge of how the CIAPEM microprocessor logic work which was used in a Brandt BR1000 washer? At issue is the line frequency. How is the chip used the line frequency as a timed-based mechanism to control the timer motor? How does the chip tell the difference whether it's being fed 50hz or 60hz?

Alternatively, since I have the part number, how might I be able to get more info from the company since I couldn't find the company under CIAPEM on the web?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
etphonehm