Sony DCR-TR8100E Moisture Sensor defect (C:21 Error)?

Dear Newsgroup,

after some years of trouble free operation my Sony DCR-TR8100E Digital8 Camcorder now developed the annoying C:21 error. Of course there is NO moisture anywhere in the camcorder or the room now for some weeks, so the sensor must be dead. I'm fairly experienced in electronics, so i want to replace (better yet: disable) it myself. Unfortunately here in Germany Sony in its infinite wisdom wants me to send the Camcorder to them. I can already imagine the bill... They will not provide me with a service manual. Can anybody help ?

Thanks,

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten Rudolph