whirlpool washer

i have an older whirlpool washer that has suddenly decided to agaitate and drain at the same time. any help would be appreciated in fixing this.

--
jeanie
Reply to

Try asking this in alt.home.repair.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Without knowing how old and the model it could be hard to tell but on the very old ones I worked on we had that problem when there was a problem with the wig/wag coils that were mounted on top of the gearbox. The wig/wag's were 2 solenoid coils that rotate with the agitator and lift some pins to operate slides to change the gearbox. If your washer has these coils there, check the coils for continuity as they go open or if U are lucky the split pins could be broken or worn out. If it is the split pins replace them with the correct pins from a spare shop as they are hardened pins not the standard mild steel. Ken.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
 * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
Anonymous

If this is a conventional toploader, look in the back to see if it has a wigwag, this is a bar with two solenoids mounted to it which oscillates back and forth with the motor running. I've had a wire break going to one of these and that caused a problem similar to this, as I recall in my case it wouldn't shift into spin but the other solenoid controls drain IIRC.

Reply to
James Sweet

just wanted to say thank you will let hubby know! he said he thought that it might just be that. he's pretty smart about these things, i just got upset, cause laundry is piling up!

--
jeanie
Reply to