Chips used in ASRock

Link 1:

Link 2:

I *need* to know if this motherboard contains the same vunerable chips.

The manual is to vague about which chips used.

The pictures on the internet are too low res to tell.

For crypto-coin computer maximum security is necessary.

This lack of information is preventing me from buying any new system.

Electronics manufacturers will have to change and be more open about what chips were used from what manufacturers or they will loose plenty of crypto-coin consumers/customers in very near future so is my prediction.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

Looks bad.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Asrock is a good board. I have used them exclusively for many years with no problems.

There could be many different cpus mounted on the board. The only way to find out for sure what cpu you have is to remove the heat sink and look at the markings.

Saving your crypto coins on your own system is risky. Too many things could go wrong that you are not prepared for.

Instead, find an exchange that uses cold storage, like Gemini. Make sure it is well-known and has a written policy that clearly states how the coins are protected. It should have 2fa to log on, such as Authy.

These people have a lot at stake, and should do a much better job at protecting your coins.

Reply to
Steve Wilson