child lock on sharp VCRS

Does anyone know how to disable the child lock on a sharp VCR were the PINumber has been forgotten?

Reply to
Eric

usually four zeros

Reply to
nvic

thanks for that nvic Sorry I never got back to you I was tring to help someone else out and they have not got back to me

I had a few other, I fiind via google, but it appears they did not work

VCM26 Child lock removal (pin no n/k) Press & hold lock key on r/c - lock symbol then displayed, Press & hold st/by on r/c & front of vcr for 3 secs. VCR will shut down & clear child lock

Simultaneously press the standby buttons on the front panel and the remote control.

VCMH67 Childlock removal when PIN not known Press "Childlock" on R/C - when display changes to 4 dashes waiting for correct code press St/by on R/C & front panel together

Reply to
Eric

thanks for that nvic Sorry I never got back to you I was tring to help someone else out and they have not got back to me

I had a few other, I fiind via google, but it appears they did not work

VCM26 Child lock removal (pin no n/k) Press & hold lock key on r/c - lock symbol then displayed, Press & hold st/by on r/c & front of vcr for 3 secs. VCR will shut down & clear child lock

Simultaneously press the standby buttons on the front panel and the remote control.

VCMH67 Childlock removal when PIN not known Press "Childlock" on R/C - when display changes to 4 dashes waiting for correct code press St/by on R/C & front panel together

Reply to
Eric

try unplugging? (after unplugging, wait at least one hour). Also, what is the feature called? Also, what model is it? Please let me know, nvic

Reply to
nvic

I tested other ways of removing the child lock from sharp VCRs. The four zeros, i also was able to get it to un set via unplugging. sometimes, you can't remove the child lock with these methods. Is the child lock called "Tamper Proof" and is there a key symbol in the display? If so, check the manual for this info (troubleshooting section). Please let me know, nvic

Reply to
nvic

My Sharp VCR unlocks when the play button is kept depressed for 5 or more seconds :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

Is that on the VCR or the remote?

My Sharp VCR unlocks when the play button is kept depressed for 5 or more seconds :-)

-- Kind regards, Gerard Bok

Reply to
Eric

Sorry. I have to correct my earlier reply. I went to test your question and found out, that my Sharp does not unlock on '5 seconds play'. (Akai will though :-)

Sharp has a 'key'-key on the remote control only. The manual says, that pulling the mains plug for an hour or two will reset the child lock.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

On one old set (can not remember the make, model) I removed the back up battery

Once I even took out the EEPROM and saved it to computer file, cleared it, then put the EEPROM back, I think from memory it worked.