239436 OEM RCA flyback

I just received this part from my distributor and it came without cables. Is this how these are supplied? Also the two components I've heard that also are supposed to be supplied with the OEM flyback and replaced on the 197 chassis were not in the box either. What are these parts and is their replacement really necessary? If I have to reuse the existing cables the focus looks like the only one I will be able to remove without cutting. If I cut the anode lead and focus wires I think I'll still have enough length to do the job but is this what I must do to replace this transformer? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

There should be a note inside the box. Basically you pull the wires out of the old flyback and push them into the new one. The anode lead should have just under 1\4 inch wire stripped.

John

Reply to
John-Del

Also if the wires dont pull out, just mutilate the old transformer plastic wells with a set of diagonal cutters, hack saw, or whatever to get into the area of the transformer where the wiring attaches to release the wires. Old transformer is bad anyway, so it doesn't have to be pretty.

Reply to
RonKZ650

Also need to change resistor & cap to assure reliablity. cap is shiny yellow disk and a carbon resistor, both are in parallel to ground. This is off one pin of the fly. The note in that box should show that and a package of cap & resistor.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Well I put the new fly in and the set works great. Never came with any extra parts though. I'll let it go and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for all the help. Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002