RCA 257805 flyback generic questions

I ordered to try a replacement Flyback for rca 257805 flyback out of a

36" TV. I did not expect a after market flyback to be identical. BUT, there is a lug under the focus pack assembly which is NOT on the after market unit. There seems to be a wire there on the aftermarkt flyback, but it does not poke down and i would have to solder a lug on to it to use it. anyone use one of these aftermarket flybacks and know if the lead is needed? The one i am trying to use is a HR8934 from MCM. Th;is lead is under the focus pack and is NOT part of the circle of wires that poke to the PC board

formatting link


Reply to
bob urz
Loading thread data ...

Diemen usually connect the tab under the focus scrn pack internally to a corresponding pin - see here pin No. 7

formatting link

the wire you ask about I can only guess is for the screen.

Reply to

Could it just be a ground lead that is supposed to touch the chassis when the transformer is mounted to the chassis??

Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.