interface with sound card driver

hi guys,
    my new project is involved in interfacing with a sound card driver
in linux.  can somebody refer me sites or references or tutorial that
can help me in doing my project?  hope you can help me guys...

nick_faye

Re: interface with sound card driver
I am also curious about this, and I you find your answer.  What
configuration are you using?

Mike

Re: interface with sound card driver

This may be trivial, but I think I'll toss it out, as one never knows
until one finds out.  In advance, I'm sorry if this is simply going over
what you already knew.

In general, the driver will be mapped to a file entry in the /dev
directory.  If the driver is a kernel level module, someone will need to
load the driver prior to your app running. Hopefully the driver is built
in to the kernel.

Once the driver is loaded, the driver would likely be used by your
application opening the appropriate file in the device directory, and
writing your data stream to it.  When the app is done, it closes the
file.  If a kernel level module is used, it should be unloaded.

Good luck!
- Pat
kohli at ameritel.net

Re: interface with sound card driver
Interface, as in programming interface?  If so, look at
http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/multilinux/excerpt/ch14-05.htm