Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Floating point format for Intel math coprocessors
Unless IEEE 794 is something new, I think you mean IEEE 754. With the proviso that the values of 0 and 255 for the exponent are special cases reserved for 0, Inf, denormals, and NaN. I don't think so....
26
26

Re: customizing bootloader
Hello Gustl, Thanks for your advice. I have done that now. If you know any other pointer than do let me know. bye, nikhil

bright Future for Kylix
Please read: one of the core paragrpaps: "Paradoxically, a strong open source alternative is the best hope for a revived commercial software industry. Much software needed by businesses is simply of...
3
3

Re: problem with PCI to USB card
>> > If the board does not have a bios to initialise the pci card/bus, the kernel will have to do it. the PCI bus needs to be setup and the USB card found before you'll be able to use the drivers for...

Re: maybe a little OT: CF-Card not available in XP
I don't think there's a limit on the size of a loop system. I run X (ok, TinyX) in mine with a 20 meg image on a 32 meg flash. The loop just is a blank file -- and then the inside gets formatted as,...
2
2

Re: irq handling- kernel vs. user code
When I needed this kind of functionality (transferring hardware events to user space) I simply made a kernel driver for a /dev/pulse character special device (Major device 10, minor device selected...
1
1