Re: Which VME based SBCs actually work and run linux?

I would recommend BlueCat 4.0 from LynuxWorks on a Thales VMPC6a (VME w/PPC750). Everything worked right out of the box!

We need something that works now...this is what we've dealt with so > far: > > 1) 1st eval board dead (waited two months to get it). > > 2) 2nd eval board arrives (one month later) Now three months into > eval. > > 3) "Getting started" guide full of errors, requiring multiple emails > and waiting weeks for replies. Some replies required translating from > French to English (It's a beautiful language, and we do have someone > who reads French on staff...board still would not boot). > > 4) Found out most devices on board were not supported under linux, or > supported poorly and failed with errors...next the sales dept. claimed > it would be "another month" to get the devices we need working > properly. Three months later, we gave up. > > Basically we were fed a bowl of b*llsh*it by this unamed company's > sales and marketing dept. This was supposed to be a fielded, reliable > product...obviously not true. > > So, if anyone can post a good experience with a company making VME > based SBCs, intel CPU (others considered) with excellent, rock solid, > production-grade linux support (this means the board actually boots, > is deployed in working products, activates most if not all devices > properly, the documents have a minimum of errors, etc) pls. post a > note and I would be very grateful. > > Thanks, > FF > > PS. please, end users only, need anecdotal praise for products before > I do more web searches and prepare another eval pitch.
Reply to
HatTrick