Re: Where can I download / purchase NTE?

Hi everyone

> > I've got a Universal Subscription to MSDN, but NTE > doesn't seem to be available for download. Could anyone > please tell me how to get a copy?

You would want to look for both licenses to NT 4.0, with SP 5 or 6, as a development station, and then the Embedded NT development kit, with Target Designer and Component Designer. You would use these tools to develop your Embedded NT system.

Of course, I would like > to evaluate it prior to buying the unlimited version. > The reason why I'm trying to use NTE is that I already > tried XP embedded, but the footprint was much larger than > the one achievable with NTE. >

Had you thought about embedded alternatives? Some solutions might free you from the vagaries of marketing schemes, and pre-planned product obsolescence.

- Pat kohli at ameritel.net "You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." Morpheus, "The Matrix"

Reply to
Pat Kohli

Hi pat We, AVNET are MS Embedded Distributors. I can provide you Eval-Kits for NT-E...

but....

Why not developing on XP-E???

Write me an e-mail on snipped-for-privacy@avnet.com for a Eval-Version.

--
Martin Grossen

AVNET EMG Silica
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Grossen [AVNET Silica]

Hi

MMhhh..... Some (big) customers runs XP-E with a damn small footprint very fast on a pentium 266 (Tilamok) machine....! (TX chipset)

...and pay HALF of the royality fee from NT-E....

Be shure, that we distributors not only wan't your money...!

:-)