What linux Os for a Pc/104 board?

Hello, i am a newbie for this newsgroup.

I have to develop a network and web  based application for a pc/104
board  in a linux environmet.

What Linux version can i choose?  and what board you suggest me?

Obvously i would like a linux version free.

Thanks for your help.

Re: What linux Os for a Pc/104 board?

You can use any. Step by step instructions can be found here ...

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid43%35
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid43%95
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid45%28

Re: What linux Os for a Pc/104 board?
Dear Mr.nospam,
iam trying to create a boot image to run on a x86 machine.
iam not able to find the link : " www.busybox.lineo.com. " from the
last journal. is there anyway i can go ahead without the busybox
files.

ramesh

Re: What linux Os for a Pc/104 board?

Do a search for "Kernel-HOWTO" on Google/Yahoo or your favourite search
engine.

Re: What linux Os for a Pc/104 board?
Dear all,

i followed the Step by step instructions given in
" http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid43%35 "
when i do the smoke test first it loads linux , then the fs.gz
........then at the end i get a message -
--------------
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-1, errno = 2
VFS: cannot open root device "ram0" or 01:00
please append a correct "root=" boot option
kernel panic: VFS : unable to mount root fs on 01:00
-----------
can anyone suggest me where iam going wrong and help me in this
regard.
thanks for the help.
ramesh

Re: What linux Os for a Pc/104 board?
Dear all,

i followed the Step by step instructions given in
" http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid43%35 "
when i do the smoke test first it loads linux , then the fs.gz
........then at the end i get a message -
--------------
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-1, errno = 2
VFS: cannot open root device "ram0" or 01:00
please append a correct "root=" boot option
kernel panic: VFS : unable to mount root fs on 01:00
-----------
can anyone suggest me where iam going wrong and help me in this
regard.
thanks for the help.
ramesh

Re: What linux Os for a Pc/104 board?
Hi Ramesh,

Firstly, Please create a new message for a new topic, and don't just reply to an
existing one.

It looks like your kernel is trying to insert a module, probabaly for your flash.
You should compile your flash/filesystem drivers into your kernel directly.
your root filesystem location may also be wrong, but you won't know until after
you
fix the first problem. (unless you do actually know it's in a different
location, but
then you probably would have already used the root= option :)

regards,

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     snipped-for-privacy@snapgear.com