PC/104 CPU Board with GPRS modem?

I searched some hours with Google, but could not find much for my needs.

Anybody knows if there is a PC/104 CPU board with a GSM GPRS modem on the same single board? I know there are GPRS extension modues but I'm looking for a single module solution.

Probably I'm demanding too much, but maybe I have luck and some company builds such boards?... ;)

No much CPU power required, 100 MIPS would be fine.

Thanks for any hints, Udo

Reply to
Udo

The only onboard solutions I have so far seen were extra PC104 cards just with either GSM/GPRS module or PCMCIA slot for a card. There may be one but not very likely. Even these PC/104 modules were much more expensive than a standalone module.

You will find it a lot cheaper and easier to find the PC/104 CPU of your choice and a standalone module.

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Thanks for your reply. I'm not very suprised that there are no combined modules. At the moment the only possibility would probably be a CPU board with CompactFlash slot and a CF modem. Not sure if that's expensive.

So far I found these GSM modules (with GPS options):

EuroTech COM-1289:

Emac PCM-36E06:

FNM UMTS modem:

(have no pricing details of these)

Do you know about others modules?

Udo

Reply to
Udo

You could try a German company

They have Telit modules and others, on site various documents and their euro price list.

PC104 module but expensive

Search for GSM or GPRS modems shoul reveal a few others. Siemens and others make these modules, sometimes refered to as Machine to Machine comms or M2M phone/data services.

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter