PC 104 is the right board?

I am looking for for an embedded board. That would have the capability of having the following specs;

Runs Flash player, java, VB VC++

802.11g wireless Compact flash disk or disk on chip Supports 7" touch LCD with 8-10 hrs of lithium battery pack Low cost NO harddrive it needs to be handheld and as compact and small, thin as possible

AGAin the board should be as thin and small as possible so i thought complete PC 104 boards can be good chice. Please also if you can recommend which board can work for me (brand, serie etc)the best based on the charactereisitics above, i would be so pleased

thanks Zack snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
cosmo

You need a RISC-based solution, and not a PC/104 one. Try the XScale boards from

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

That is really a SINGLE board, so you do not need extra modules and therefore you do not need PC104 interconnections - use a standalone PC.

You need to quantify "small" - bigger than a wristwatch ok? What about the size of a fat wallet? - RM

Reply to
Rick Merrill

We manufacture PC/104 boards. Contact me, and I can let you know if we have a solution that will meet your needs.

Bob McWilliams snipped-for-privacy@zendex.com

Bob McWilliams