Installing an OS on pc/104 computer

Hello All,

I recently purchased a PC/104 and I'd like to install an OS on it. Who wouldn't? The problem is that I am having trouble connecting my CD-ROM drive to the PC/104. Is there an easy way to do this. I have cables that convert 40pin IDE to 44 pin IDE which the PC/104 uses. But I'm having to separately power-on the CD-ROM and the PC/104 because CD-ROM needs 12V while PC/104 only needs 5V. Has anyone run into similar problems and has a solution?

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
dbudik

Take a old PC power supply, so you can use 5V and 12V. Later you can look far a suitable power supply.

Bye, Sven

Reply to
subberdubber

the pc/104 computers we've been using incude a console port that accesses a flash based debugger. If yours also has this feature then you should be able to prepare a kernel on a PC cross development platform, then send the generated image to the pc/104 as s-records across the serial console connection.

Reply to
root