Need a hand putting Linux on PC/104 board

This is partially on and off-topic.

I am trying to put Linux on a AMPRO PC/104 module (C400 586-133/32MB).
However, the unit does not have a VGA port.

No problem, as the unit supports a serial console, but in order to
activate the serial console, you have to set it up in the BIOS screens,
which (you guessed it), require the VGA access.

I was wondering if some helpful soul with a PC/104 VGA card could take
the unit and help me out, both in configuring the system to use a serial
console, and also gettting a small distro on it (I've done desktop
installs, but never a SBC install).

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

On a related topic, I'm on the lookout for a small Linux capable SBC
(x86 compatibility not needed) with serial and ethernet and a very low
cost (<$100.00) for a project I am working on (the PC/104 board above is
part of the prototype).  Most of the small boards I see are > $100.00

--
Jim Brain, Brain Innovations
snipped-for-privacy@jbrain.com                                http://www.jbrain.com

That's sort of a lame BIOS.  Hrmph.  You'll probably need to adjust
other things in the BIOS, not least during manufacturing, so you might
want to just find and buy a PC104 VGA card already.

These things can be had for under $200, which isn't much at all.

I've built many an embedded Linux product; feel free to contact me if
you'd like a consultant.

Quantity?  Horsepower?  Memory?  Flash?  Environmentals?  Etc.

The ucdimm people have small linux sbcs, some of which allegedly hit
$90 in volume.  The gumstix people have minimal pxa255 boards
including one (sans ethernet, mind you) at $109 for 1.  So keep
looking, small cheap sbcs are out there...

--
Grant Taylor
Embedded Linux Consultant