Video capture card for linux? Does it exist?

I'm having trouble finding a video capture card product with Linux driver
support.  The ones that I have seen so far, support Linux only with
experimental third party drivers.

Do any exist?

Pluses would be -
* S-Video Input
* Onboard size scaling

Re: Video capture card for linux? Does it exist?

We went with a Video to IEEE-1394 solution. These days support
for IEEE-1394 seems to be standard in Linux, and the Digital Video
standard on top of this seems to be quite well supported as well.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: Video capture card for linux? Does it exist?
couple of years back Broadcomm was supporting drivers for its Kfir card
i am not sure if the support continues but it had the features you are
looking for

Re: Video capture card for linux? Does it exist?
search for bttv

Re: Video capture card for linux? Does it exist?

Most v4l2 drivers are third party (well almost all Linux drivers are), but
most of them are quite stable!

Have a look at http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2 /

Sven

--
"The American news-media is no longer a news source; it is a
cheerleading squad." (unknown source)

Re: Video capture card for linux? Does it exist?
Try  IDS Falcon family.
www.ids-imaging.com

Or give a look to Linux Media Labs www.linuxmedialabs.com

** Dr. Fabio Garufi
Re: Video capture card for linux? Does it exist?

See http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl /

Site Timeline