Video capture card for linux? Does it exist?

I'm having trouble finding a video capture card product with Linux driver support. The ones that I have seen so far, support Linux only with experimental third party drivers.

Do any exist?

Pluses would be -

  • S-Video Input
  • Onboard size scaling
Reply to
DD

We went with a Video to IEEE-1394 solution. These days support for IEEE-1394 seems to be standard in Linux, and the Digital Video standard on top of this seems to be quite well supported as well.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

couple of years back Broadcomm was supporting drivers for its Kfir card i am not sure if the support continues but it had the features you are looking for

Reply to
Amit Limaye

search for bttv

Reply to
Wing D Lizard

Most v4l2 drivers are third party (well almost all Linux drivers are), but most of them are quite stable!

Have a look at

Sven

--
"The American news-media is no longer a news source; it is a
cheerleading squad." (unknown source)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web
Reply to
Sven Geggus

Try IDS Falcon family.

Or give a look to Linux Media Labs

** Dr. Fabio Garufi ** Pre-sales & Field Support ** ** ELE.SI.A. S.p.A. ** ISO 9001 CERTIFIED ** Tel. +39.0774.3653.227 / Fax +39.0774.3653.300 **

"DD" ha scritto nel messaggio news:EFVOd.3751$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Fabio Garufi

See