Video capture card for linux?

I'm having trouble finding a video capture card product with Linux driver support. The ones that I have seen so far, support Linux only with experimental third party drivers.

Do any exist?

Pluses would be -

  • S-Video Input
  • Onboard size scaling
Reply to
DD

IMHO most Hauppauge TV tunerboards (or in other words those using the connexant chipset (former Brooktree) should do.

A probably better group to ask this questions is rec.video.desktop

HTH

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

beatles

I agree. Look for the cards supporting the following chips:

848 878 879

Theres plenty of support under most UNIX flavors for these pci cards.

Reply to
sam

The Hauppage PVR-250 and PVR-350 work fine (if you want hardware MPEG2 encoding). If you want a raw frame-grabber, then most boards with BTTV chipsets work.

Google for "v4l".

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  hubub, hubub, HUBUB,
                                  at               hubub, hubub, hubub, HUBUB,

driver

supports S-Video and onboard scaling with linux support.

Reply to
PixelSmart