WLAN card for embedded power pc

Can anyone recommend a WLAN card for the following system:

- PowerPC freescale MPC5200 (PPC 603e core)

- Linux kernel 2.4.25

module linux_2_4_devel)

- form factor: MiniPCI type III

Until now, I have two old cards running on that platform (Hermes- and Prism-chipset). But these cards are discontinued.

I have also tested a few newer cards - but without success.

The Atheros cards (chipset AR5005GS, madwifi driver) results in a strange error, that isn=B4t solved by the madwifi community until now. The Ralink cards (RT61, legacy driver from ralink) can=B4t be initialized (no device found). The rt2x00 driver can=B4t be used with the 2.4.x kernel.

I believe, the PPC brings two problems to the driver developers: 1. big endian 2. memory mapped IO addresses

Has anyone a solution for my problem?

Thanks Widmann

Reply to
widi2000

Sounds like after buying out all of the wifi makers they are now closing all documented product families. No surprise, this is why they have bought them in the first place after all.

None of the above is even remotely related to your problem. There simply is no documentation on the wifi hardware left out by the "party members" circle. Unless you run windows, no wifi. Aparently this is the goal - and they are damn close to it.

I wish I had. And to world peace, yes. And whatnot....

Dimiter

Didi

?? is this form factor a synonym for pcmcia type III ? if not suggest look for pcmcia card holder for pci slot. those take laptop wifi cards.

as far as new for that, suggest trying macsense aero card which uses prism chipset. this is card I use with my laptops and it works fine for me in both kinds of macos and in linux.

2=2E4 gave me some trouble before and I fix it with wifi drivers i build from sourceforge but it seem rather fragile and broke again. that was when i went (back) to 2.6 kernels.

i believe these were made to be compatible with 16bit interfaces. but with those disappearing there is move from "b" to "g" or faster. for local network services (rendevous, bonjour) 11mb/s is slow these days ...

Reply to
tortoise

Yes but for PowerPC 405EP

please use SDK from

and cross toolchains for MPC5xx from denx.de

we use Atheros, Prism,Hermes,ACX100 and RT and work great

but with the 2.6 Kernel .

Reply to
MT