Cross Compiling: Compatibility of the versions gcc and glibc for MPC8xx

I am buildinng a cross compiling toolchain
# Host = i686, Redhat 9
# Target MPC8xx
# binutils: 2.13
# gcc.95.3
# glibc 2.2.3
# Kernel 2.4.20-8

* I successfully build binutils and gcc with newlib and without
headers.
* I am now trying to build glibc I have the following errors:
* The error:
./stdio.texi: 3269: First argument to cross-reference may not be empty
./stdio.texi: 3269: First argument to cross-reference may not be empty

makeinfo.Removing output file
'/usr/cross/builds/glibc-2.2.3/manual/libc,info' due to errors

make[2] ***[libc.info] Error 2
make[1][ ***[manual/subdir-install] Error 2
make: ***[install] Error 2

### Is the problems due to incompatibility in versions of gcc and glibc.

Re: Cross Compiling: Compatibility of the versions gcc and glibc for MPC8xx

That looks like an error while trying to create the on-line documentation.
Your library may already be built !

Try upgrading your texinfo.  If that's not practical and if you
can figure out what .info file it was trying to make, you could
just touch that file and let the rest of the install proceed.
You'll just have an empty .info file in your online documentation.

Right.  The program complaining is makeinfo, part of texinfo.
Come to think of it:  just edit stdio.texi, line 3269, and comment
out the text with the offending cross-reference.  You don't really
have to understand texinfo to do this, just shoot in the pile...

--
pa at panix dot com

Re: Cross Compiling: Compatibility of the versions gcc and glibc for MPC8xx
Thanks. Seems useful. As I was going through other discussion forums. I
got a suggestion to go for higher glibc version. The problem somehow
did not arise with glibc-2.2.5

Site Timeline