any Linux supported USB video capture card?

I'm looking for a reasonably priced USB (1 or 2) video capturing
device working under Linux. The USB requirement is due to the
lack of PCI slots on the target machine.

I already tested a couple of Pinnacle products without
any luck: they don't support Linux at all.
Any suggestion welcome, thanks in advance.

Re: any Linux supported USB video capture card?

Do a google search for 'video for linux', also look at the ivtv
website.

Do you have any cards you could replace with a usb device in order to use
a pci capture card?  Stuff like a modem, network, or sound might be more
easily done via usb than the capture card.

Re: any Linux supported USB video capture card?

I already googled around and looked at the v4l drivers with no luck.
Problem is that many devices get rebranded; a picture of the
device sometimes helps more than its xxxx:yyyy USB id.

The target system doesn't have free PCI slots because it
doesn't have PCI slots at all:) That's why I asked here.

Thanks for trying to help, though.

Re: any Linux supported USB video capture card?

If you have IEEE-1349 Interface, then there are  many
linux compatable video capturing products. These products tend
to be higher quality than the USB devices, and are targeted more
to the professional video market, hence products tend to have a
much larger life-span.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Site Timeline