source code

Hi, I have the kernel code for the red hat. I need to see the driver code for northbridge and southbridge on x86 platform. Does anyone know where they are located in the source code?

Thanks Uday

Reply to
Uday Mullangi

ftp.kernel.org

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Think i have seen this code in LinuxBios havent seen code to drive northbridge and southbridge in the kernel i might be wrong but isnt the BIOS supposed to take care of this

Reply to
Amit Limaye

AFAIK, Linux does not do BIOS calls for this.

OTOH, you are right that if he wants to initialize the hardware, he would need to use code that can be taken from LinuxBios. I would not call this a "driver", but I may be wrong :) .

I suppose that anything that can be done while Linux is running can be found in the Kernel source.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell