source code

Hi, WHere can i find the source code for the bootloader? I could not find in google,, any suggestions.

Uday

Reply to
Uday Mullangi

What bootloader? RedBoot? GRUB? Lilo? U-Boot? ...

-- Grant Edwards grante Yow! .. here I am in 53 at B.C. and all I want is a visi.com dill pickle!!

Reply to
Grant Edwards

53
Uday Mullangi

Lukasz Zamel

Two free clues:

1) When replying to Usenet postings, one trims quotes and places answers below questions. 2) In English, "the" is what's called a definite article. It means you are referring to one exact, specific, particular individual thing. Which particular individual thing is determined by the context in which the sentence appears.

Let's look at this example:

I'm running Mandrake 10.0 and using the Grub bootloader. Below is a link where you'll find the sources for the bootloader.

In the second sentence "the bootloader" refers to one particular bootloader, and we know which bootloader (Grub) based on the context provided by the first sentance.

If you are referring non-specifically to any one of a general class of things, use the indefinite article "a":

Where do I find the source code for a bootloader?

English lesson aside, here's where you can find the sources to Grub:

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  He is the
                                  at               MELBA-BEING... the ANGEL
                               visi.com            CAKE... XEROX him... XEROX
                                                   him --
Reply to
Grant Edwards

See

Wolfgang Denk

-- Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web:

"I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this." - Emo Phillips

Reply to
Wolfgang Denk