AT91RM9200 Linux Board bootloader problems?

Hello, I am extremely new to this stuff and just got a AT91RM9200 Linux Board. I was going to download Python to it to make some programs. After setting it up per the setup MANUAL, it seemed to lad fine. I proceeded to download Python but it just wouldn't work. I researched and found that i had an error when booting (Error bad CRC, continuing loading Linux environment). The best fix to this problem was to install a fresh u-boot to board. Awesome, the MANUAL covers that! I followed steps to the letter... but apparently it did not have everything.

U-BOOT> protect off 10000000 1001ffff U-BOOT> erase 10000000 1001ffff U-BOOT> tftp 20000000 boot.bin protect on 10000000 1001ffff

U-BOOT> protect off 10020000 1003ffff U-BOOT> erase 10020000 1003ffff U-BOOT> tftp 20000000 u-boot.gz U-BOOT> cp.b 20000000 10020000 20000 U-BOOT> protect off 10020000 1003ffff

It said Loading... TTTT for 2 lines then timeout error. Now when i boot it doesnt load anything because i erased the boot files... Apparently this has never been a problem because i can not find any documentation for it in manuals or online. The code above is directly from manual.

Please help! Ethan

Ethan

I could probably fix this, since I worked a lot with the AT91RM9200 at Atmel, but it is going to take some time, which I don't have unless someone pays for it.

Best Regards Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson