configuring telnet for new users

I'm using telnetd available as part of busybox in my system. I'm able to telnet to my system with root username and password. I added few users and tried to telnet using the new username and password, but it failed. I'm able to use the new username and password for ftp and ssh services, but it fails for telnet.

Do I need to do some more configurations?

Reply to
sabari