Modify source and compiling

Raspbian
If I had a necessity to modify the program according to my needs, where can I
download the source code and that attention should I use to compile (using
only raspberry)?
|    La paranza e' la danza di una stronza che, sull'isola di Ponza,        |
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
BIG (Umberto)
Which program?
The sources for most of the packages are available from the Raspbian repository. Most o the rest, like the kernel, are downloadable from github.
Reply to
Dom
If it's Raspbian: apt-get source packagename
will get the source. Then run debian/rules inside it to rebuild the package (there are various targets, it's a bit like a makefile). Read up on building Debian packages for more details.
Theo
Reply to
Theo Markettos
ha scritto:
pam_storepw.c from:
Ok added deb-src in /etc/sources.list.
Now I have the source of pam-1.1.3 (from raspbian repository) in my /tmp. I have pam_storepw.c and Makefile in /tmp
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 760 Feb 27 07:30 Makefile drwxr-xr-x 14 pi pi 4096 Feb 27 07:15 pam-1.1.3 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 273542 May 4 2012 pam_1.1.3-7.1.diff.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 3095 May 4 2012 pam_1.1.3-7.1.dsc -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 1768872 Apr 11 2012 pam_1.1.3.orig.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 2925 Feb 27 07:32 pam_storepw.c
But do not know how to compile it ...
|  Un tacchino all'agnello: Buona pasqua!                                   |
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
BIG (Umberto)
sudo apt-get build-dep PACKAGENAME apt-get source PACKAGENAME
then go into the source directory, modift it and then do
debian/rules binary that'll make one or more packages
sudo dpkg --install FILENAME.deb
--
Neither the pheasant plucker, nor the pheasant plucker's son.
Reply to
comp.sys.raspberry-pi ha scritto:
Makefile:20: *** missing separator. Stop.
| Avevo un lavoro, un posto fisso che mi rendeva bene e ci mantenevo tutta  |
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
BIG (Umberto)
Is there a file named "configure" in the directory? If so, what happens if you run "./configure" ?
Reply to
Rob Morley
comp.sys.raspberry-pi ha scritto:
This is the problem. Not exist!
| Aho e che palle, so' tre giorni che ci sminchiazzi le cosiddette!         |
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
BIG (Umberto)
That is not the same Makefile as the one at the URL you quote.
Previously:
^^^
araminta$ wget
--2014-02-27 21:54:47--
Resolving oss.gonicus.de (oss.gonicus.de)... 212.8.3.163 Connecting to oss.gonicus.de (oss.gonicus.de)|212.8.3.163|:443... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 743 [text/plain] Saving to: `Makefile?
100%[======================================>] 743 --.-K/s in 0s
2014-02-27 21:54:48 (14.9 MB/s) - `Makefile? saved [743/743]
araminta$ ls -l Makefile -rw-rw-r-- 1 richard richard 743 Jun 26 2009 Makefile ^^^
--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
Reply to
comp.sys.raspberry-pi ha scritto:
Sorry, is the _same_ file! I have added some linees of _comments_ (the url of download)!
|  Maurizia Paradiso:                                                     |
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
BIG (Umberto)
Hint: nobody is going to be able to tell you what is wrong with your makefile if they cannot see it.
--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
Reply to
Rob in data 12:42, sabato 01 marzo 2014, nel gruppo comp.sys.raspberry-pi ha scritto:
I know the use of "comments"!
I am not idiot at this level, sorry! The original Makefile exit with the same error!
Reply to
BIG (Umberto)
I think you are grossly overestimating yourself.
But anyway, I am not going to help a cracker any further.
Reply to
Rob
you need to be in the right directory before executing make... and running as root..
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Rob in data 14:05, sabato 01 marzo 2014, nel gruppo comp.sys.raspberry-pi ha scritto:
Plonk!
|    Etiam eu urna pellentesque, iaculis lectus a, venenatis ante.          |