bootable floppy

Hi all I hve customised the kernel and am trying to boot anothe x86 pc with a floppy. I have created the minimal root FS

My floppy contents are] /grub.conf /vmlinuz-2.4.18 /etc/inittab /etc/rc /rootfs.gz

In grub.conf file, I have changed root as (fd0) kernlel as /vmlinuz-2.4.18 root=(fd0) and initrd as /rootfs.gz

I am not able to boot through floppy after changing the BIOS to boot from floppy... When bootin from the normal splashimage, which has this customized image also included(the grub changes are made), I am getting a kernel panic with sockets...

What am i supposed to do? Any suggestions please....

Thanks in advance

-Marshia

Reply to
marshiaa

You are getting a kernel panic. This means that your kernel is executed in the memory. I didnt quite get your question! What did you meant by "unable to boot through floppy"? Where exactly are you stuck?

Reply to
Uday

Thank you..I have got it.... Now I am able to boot the target(x86) with two floppies- boot and the root floppy. Can u suggest any small embedded application that can be performed with floppies?

Reply to
marshiaa

use google to search floppy linux or small linux

??????: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Bill Zhao