You know you're getting old....

So sorry. I just had a double latte with bread pudding and all that caffeine and sugar make me a little crazy.

John

Fortunately I didn't have a mouth full of coffee at the time ;-)

Bread pudding sounds good!

...Jim Thompson

We went to The Cottage, literally a tiny cottage back a dark covered alley, behind the Liberty Cafe (famous for their BLTs and chicken pot pie.) I had the bp with whipped cream on top, and Mo had the mango-blueberry upside-down cake. When the girl scooped that onto the plate, she bobbled it and flipped it over, so we had a classic zero-pi double inversion situation. San Francisco may be the heart of The Land of Fruits and Nuts, but there is a lot of really astonishing baking going on in this town.

I did publish here my original recipe for Fruit Custard Bread Pudding, but nobody seems to have tried it. Pity. I think I'll do a banana cream pie today, once I test this #$%^&!! code.

John

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 13:22:50 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

The question is, did you go look into the newsgroup, and its wonderful musical offerings?

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 12:40:50 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

No. It merely shifts the range further down the graph than it already was.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Yeah, but I bet you started early ;-)

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Well, it's a lot better than never being crazy at all. Being occasionally crazy is a definite asset in this business; pretending to be crazy can be even better.

John

[snip]

I definitely try to maintain an aura of eccentricity ;-)

...Jim Thompson

"John Larkin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

"If there is one thing worse than having an artistic temperament, it is thinking you have one." -- Henry Miller (as quoted by Robert Ferguson [as quoted in turn by Perry Meisel, NYT Book Review, 23 June 1991]) Note no references pretending here.

Reply to
Max Hauser

Me too!!!

I figure I earned it---the hard way!!

Best--- Ron

Ron G

You know you're starting to get old when you get a quarter that looks worn out and you notice it was minted when you were in college.

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-

Thought that was Faraday's incudtors? (Crap, I can't spell)

Tim

-- "That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson Website @

Tim Williams

Do what all good digital designers do; switch the hexadecimal.

--
  Keith

Yahoo! Pats!  That's 2/3.
Reply to
Keith R. Williams

: > My oldest daughter just turned 42 :-( : : Do what all good digital designers do; switch the hexadecimal.

Don't switch to binary for God's sake. 8)

Bill @ GarberStreet Enterprizez };-) Web Site -

Email - snipped-for-privacy@comXcast.net Remove - SPAM and X to contact me

--
This email ain't infected, dude!

Bill Garber

Hmm, at 24, I thought I was getting old! By the looks of things, I must be one of the younger people that frequents the electronics NG's?

Reply to
Jeff

Probably also a divorced, disabled man.

Reply to
Mjolinor

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'You know you're getting old....', on Sun, 1 Feb 2004:

alt.binaries.unlikely.schematics.electronics?

-- Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only. The good news is that nothing is compulsory. The bad news is that everything is prohibited.

Also see

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'You know you're getting old....', on Sun, 1 Feb 2004:

No, that was a devoted woman. She suggested it.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Tim Williams wrote (in ) about 'You know you're getting old....', on Sun, 1 Feb 2004:

Yes, it was.

-- Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only. The good news is that nothing is compulsory. The bad news is that everything is prohibited.

Also see

John Woodgate

Only because he was wearing it at the time. ;-)

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell