You know you're getting old....

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 00:21:45 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

I was fine in such situations until my facial hair started sprouting a bunch of bone white hairs intermingled with the rest...

It's character building.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 00:25:14 +0000, Tim Auton Gave us:

Hahahahha... the PLONK Troll strikes a deep wound! N O T !!!

Bwuahahahahahaha!!!

Hey... at least we know why now!

I fart in your direct direction, old man!

By the way... is your daughter(s) single? Hehehehe...

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:18:37 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Not far from this group on the list...

alt.binaries.sounds.78rpm-era (actually has much much more)

...and several others. One of the finest pleasures I have reaped from Usenet.

Most of the rest of you suck.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:45:14 +0000, Tim Auton Gave us:

One knows one is getting old when one remembers growing up placing an old car generator and a battery on one's go-cart for propulsion in the late sixties, and an inverting AC backup generator was several hundreds of dollars, if not thousands...

...To today where nobody has ever heard of a generator for a car, and the AC backup device is sold in three sizes down at the Costco store or at the "Home Improvement" store for a couple hundred bucks...

Back then, a dollar would buy ten packs of baseball cards, and now, it takes $2.50, and there aren't even ten cards in the pack, and NO GUM!

Talk about society getting lame. I hope that thumpy thumpy shit vibrates their friggin cars apart!

Never thought that *I* would be complaining about kids, and noise from car stereos, but those little bastards are total retards.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:19:24 GMT, "Louis Bybee" Gave us:

Hahahah... My hair is turning silver and bone white... Early.

But I look like a kid. See ya in the movies!

Reply to
DarkMatter

On 01 Feb 2004 04:26:01 GMT, Dennis Clark Gave us:

That little girl was real far behind to have no exposure to the Beatles! Doesn't matter how young she was.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:37:01 -0000, "Mjolinor" Gave us:

I use a single 15 watt fluoro for room light, and have ridden a bike to work for the last ten years, at least.

Frugal non-polluter.

Reply to
DarkMatter

I won't go there but I will mention that I now have three _great_ grandchildren.

The other OF thread(s) reminded me of some things I know that're now "trivia":

1) Considering wire specs, what do the terms scc, dcc, ssc, and dsc mean, and 2) why don't you see them any more?

Sigh.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

You're not here for the electronics, are you? ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Ha, I looked it up.

Same reason that "silk screens" are generally not made with silk anymore.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I have six grandchildren and oldest son hasn't stayed married long enough to reproduce ;-)

...Jim Thompson

True. When oldest daughter was born I was 22 and in my senior year at MIT.

...Jim Thompson

I *always* take the senior discount, though it bugs the wife a wee bit.

...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Sun, 01 Feb 2004 02:04:16 -0800) it happened DarkMatter wrote in :

But now we have free cellphones:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I read in sci.electronics.design that Jim Thompson wrote (in ) about 'You know you're getting old....', on Sun, 1 Feb 2004:

You mean, less than 10 minutes?(;-)

John Woodgate

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 14:28:37 GMT, Spehro Pefhany Gave us:

It's the mesh size that makes it. Not the base material.

S I L K Y !

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:09:52 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

No shit, Dick Tracy...

Reply to
DarkMatter

Damn, John, I snorted so bad on that line I had to go blow my nose ;-)

...Jim Thompson

No, he's here for the abuse.

John

single/double cotton/silk covered.

Formvar doesn't soak up water, burn easily, or get eaten by bugs.

I read that the first electric motor was built by a guy who ripped up his wife's silk wedding dress to insulate the wires. Now *that* was a brave man.

John