rocket timer

I'm currently building a mid sized camera rocket using a Kodak F-350 aps camera, it has an electronic shutter. I will be using two switches the first will engage very shortly after ignition and the second will make momentary contact when the chute opens.

The first switch will begin a 1/2 second pulse which will be triggered every 1.5 seconds for a total of 5 pulses then when the second switch mometarilly engages the first time cycle is bypassed and a second time cycle starts a

1/2 second pulse every 5 seconds , then after a total of 12 pulses the chip shuts down regardless of any input. I want to do this without using a pic or similar microcontroller because I really dont know how to program. Any ideas?
Reply to
Mike

first

chip

or

You could do it in hardware without using a micro but I bet you will find you need to change the time intervals at some point. A micro is frequently easier in the long term. See if this chap can modify the code in his rocket timer for you.

CWatters

I would use a microcontroller (but then I already know how to program them). I would probably make the trigger interval programmable via jumpers that the controller would read at power-up. Also possible to program other things via jumper, e.g. enable/disable trigger-at-blastoff or trigger-at-chute-open. I bet the payload weight of a micro and jumpers would be much less than that of the same function(s) implemented in individual logic chips. And functions implemented in a micro would definitely be easier to modify.

Reply to
Michael

first

momentary

chip

pic or

Reply to
Mike

and

when

it

but

I'm not programmer either but I picked up PIC assembler alright. It's not too hard if you have some examples to start from. See the page I posted before - it has source code.

Reply to
CWatters