XST vs. Verilog Libraries

I'm working with ISE 6.2i on a project, and I'm trying to organize the source into libraries. In fact, I'm using a couple Opencores cores for this task as well. The libraries are in the format that Icarus Verilog handles just fine. That is, the library is a directory of verilog files, with each file named after the module it contains.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get XST to do the same thing. I can list all the files in a file list, but I really just want to point it at the library directory and be done with it. I can see that the -vlgincdir flag to the run subcommand works for includes, but what (if anything) does the job for modules?

And also, I cannot find anything that looks like a "-Dmacro=value" switch. Some of these library cores are configured by defines, and I would rather include those defines on the command line, or in the file list as I can with Icarus Verilog and the +define+macro=value statement.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,
Stephen Williams

Well, XST programmers managed to screw up -vlgincdir for use in conjunction with ISE in many releases. The knowledge base is unclear about if it should work at all with a present release or if there are plans to fix that mode. What a pity...

Uwe Bonnes