quartus and VHDL/Verilog libraries

HI,

I am very new to Quartus(5.1 Solaris) and looking for simulation libraries for both Verilog and VHDL, vhdl seams to be found in the install tree but verilog?

When I used Xilinx I always started compiling a simulation libraries once for all into the installation tree for each simulator to use, how is this done i Quartus?

cheers

Michael

Reply to
Michael Laajanen

Hello Michael,

All simulation library files necessary for an Altera FPGA functional/post-fitting simulation are installed automatically with the Quartus II software. The simulation library files, in Verilog and in VHDL, are located in the /eda/sim_lib directory.

For more information on Altera functional library files, please refer to

For more information on Altera post-fitting library files, please refer to

When performing post-fitting simulations, the netlist is generated in the /simulation/ directory. You can create your simulation libraries in this directory.

I'm not sure which simulation tool you are using, but we do have more detailed information in our Quartus II handbook chapters:

Mentor Graphics ModelSim Support

Synopsys VCS Support

Cadence NC-Sim Support

I hope this helps,

Albert Chang

Altera Corporation Senior Applications Engineer

Michael Laajanen wrote:

Reply to
Albert Chang