Xilinx BlockRAM Memory initialization for ModelSim

Hi,

For the system level functional verification, I need to initialize several BlockRAMs. From a setup with the ALdec Simulator there are existing *.mif files. In the online help form ModelSim describes the initialization procedure for Memory contents. But I can't found the array of the BlockRAM in my Workspace (the pipeline and the address counter registers are visible). Has anyone some experience with this initialization procedure?

Regards, David

Reply to
David

For functional verification, consider using a testbench process to write the blockrams from an array of vector constants declared in the testbench.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler