Stratix column and row pins

An Altera application note (AN-349) recommends placing certain outputs on column pins and others on row pins. My question is: which pins of the Stratix device are column and which are row pins? Is there a document that includes this info? I assume that the assignment is fixed and given by architecture, not dynamically?

Thanks for advices, Roland.

Reply to
rreuter

One way of obtaining this information in Quartus II 6.0 is to create a project, assign the device that you want to use (Assignments->Device), open the Pin Planner (Assignments->Pin Planner) and in the All Pins View (this is the table in the lower half of the screen) customize the columns using the following steps:

  1. Right click in the All Pins View->Customize Columns..., and add the General Function Column. The Genaral Function column will show if it is Row I/O or Column I/O.
  2. Right click in the All Pins View and click on the Show Assignable Pins. This will show all pins on the package.

You can order the columns displayed in step 1. You can then copy and paste this information into Excel or your favorite document format.

Hope this helps,

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

So it's quite easy! Banks 1, 2, 5, 6 are all row pins, the other banks are column pins.

Roland.

Subroto Datta schrieb:

Reply to
rreuter