Spartan 3 POR Spec?

I'm looking at designing with Spartan 3. The data sheet says the power-on-reset timing ranges from 5-7ms. Does anyone have any design tips/suggestions for meeting this spec? Anything I should watch out for?

Reply to
Steve Smith

Registers are usually reset/set as part of configuration. It depends on the types of registers implemented.

However you can also use the DONE signal to drive an external reset chip that will extend the reset beyond configuration by an amount. There also some logic configurations that you can use to add a delay beyond configuration.

If you are worried about DLL lockup you can gate the locked signals into a reset signal.

--
John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.