Xilinx CIC core in Spartan 3?

Does anyone know if the Xilinx CIC core will work in the Spartan 3? It's not listed as a target (only Spartan IIE) but then the data sheet is dated 2002, wheras S3 apparently was announced in 2003...

Reply to
cs_posting

You will need to select the device type in coregen as a spartan IIE, generate the core, and use the resulting .edn netlist in your S3 design.

CICs use basic, non-device specific primitives (adders, counters, registers etc ....).

When I first ported my first DSP FPGA from a SIIE to S3 two years ago, there was a moment of panic when I saw CICs were not supported. I think this is just a deficiency in the GUI that has never been resolved.

--
Regards,
John Retta

email : jretta@rtc-inc.com