Spartan 3 DCM

If am running a simulation in modelsim an there is a DCM block with locked signal. Now because correct me if I am wrong but I would need t stimulate the locked signal myself because the DCM will not set it as thi is just a simulation and the DCM is a piece of hardware. Hope that make sense?

Thanks

Jon

Reply to
maxascent

The DCM model does generate the locked signal.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

I would be very careful of using the "locked" signal in any Spartan-3 based design as it does not always behave in the way that people assume.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan-3 Development Board.

John Adair

I have a DDR design from Xilinx MIG and the lock signal never moves fro '0'. So I have just created my own design with just a DCM and the loc signal still is '0'. I cant see that I am doing anything particularl wrong?

Cheers

Jon

Reply to
maxascent

Are you resetting the DCM (after at least 16 clocks) ? is your input clock at least 25 MHz? did you set the resolution of the simulator at 1ps?

Francesco

Reply to
Francesco

It turns out I did not have the feedback signal connected. So it all work fine now.

Thanks

Jon

Reply to
maxascent