Relative placement constraints in VHDL for Virtex multipliers

This question may have been asked before but ...

I often have timing problems when using virtex-II dedicated multipliers. After synthesis/P&R I have fixed these by looking at the placement with ISE floorplanner and then constraining the multipliers and their i/o registers to be packed as close together as possible. This requires too much effort for this lazy engineer. I must be possible to do this constraining in my VHDL code via attributes. How? Does anyone have a bit of example code?

I don't really want to place the multiplier in any certain spot, rather just make sure that the registers holding its input and catching its output will be placed in the adjacent slices...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Jack Stone

Jack,