Re: Xilinx ML300 JTAG Configuration Problem

Hi all,

> > I have problem in configuring the xc2vp7 on the ML300 board. The > problem is described in the previous thread "ERROR:iMPACT:583". > > I doubt that I have omitted some settings on the ML300 board during > programming (or have done sth wrong in iMPACT). There is a button > called "FPGA PROG" on the ML300 board. I've searched through the > documentation but I couldn't find out what's it for. > > Does anyone have the experience on using ML300 that can share with me ? > > Thanks very much. > > tk

there is not much I can share (yet) but:

the impact/xps download to ML300 freezes some times, problem has been fixed by restarting rebooting, sometimes pressing the "fpga prog" button.

the fpga prog button I guess simply forces the fpga to not-init state waiting for config, as sysace is not reset, it stays in non-configured state until you configure with impact.

there are no settings on ML300 that could prevent the jtag re-config it should always work (but does not)

in my case I had started v2pdk shells, debug server debugger, killed them and then tryied impact, and was freeting, not sure why.

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Please make sure that you are using the latest Xilinx Implementation tools. From the previous message I can see that you are using 5.1. The latest tools are 5.2i with service pack 3.

When looking at the schematics for the ML300 you will see that the FPGA PROG button goes to the corresponding pin on the FPGA, i.e. pushing the button will clear out the contents of the FPGA.

- Peter

tk wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser